Comprehensive Eye Examination
We see an increasing number of young people coming to our Hong Kong clinics with eye diseases, and we believe that prevention is better than cure. Even if you do not notice anything irregular with your eyesight, eye examinations should be conducted regularly, regardless of age. It acts as a first step in catching any eye diseases before they develop into a bigger problem. Getting regular eye examinations at our clinics here in Hong Kong can prevent you from suffering from severe eye diseases, allowing you to maintain good eyesight for years to come.
Eye Examinations for Children
The majority of children rely on their eyesight to absorb knowledge, making good eyesight a vital tool for effective learning. A comprehensive eye examination at one of our clinics in Hong Kong is not only about checking refractive errors, but also for checking other eye diseases such as amblyopia, strabismus, and so on. Early detection and treatment may help your child to grow up healthily and avoid more serious problems with their eyesight later in life.
Eye Examinations for Adults
Generally, eye diseases are hard to find at an early stage. However, the later you receive proper treatment, the worse the condition will be. In particular, adults over the age of 40 have a higher risk of developing eye diseases such as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and retinal degeneration. Therefore, keeping your eyes in good condition and health is of the utmost importance for adults. Through a comprehensive eye examination at our clinic in Hong Kong, eye diseases can be detected earlier, and treatment can begin sooner.
Basic eye examinations at our HK clinics include:
（Prices from $900）
- General health and eye condition checking
- Eyesight (amblyopia) and refraction test
- Binocular coordination evaluation
- Color census
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- In-depth eye check-up
- Report analysis by doctor (Not Included Paper Report)
Comprehensive eye examinations at our clinics include:
- General health and eye condition checking: collect patient’s medical records for further examination
- Eyesight and refraction test: check the most updated data for myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism or presbyopia
- Binocular coordination evaluation: figure out squint and other extra-ocular muscles problems
- Color census: Identify any blindness or color vision deficiency
- Intraocular pressure measurement: glaucoma screening
- In-depth eye check-up: Ocular health assessment on retina and macula by dilation of the pupils with eye drops for peripheral retinal examination
- OCULUS Pentacam: Measuring corneal thickness to diagnose keratopathy
- OCT: Taking fundus photo for diagnosis of glaucoma and retinal disease, especially age-related macular degeneration
- Report analysis by doctor: analyzes the results of examination, and discusses appropriate treatment with the patient if needed (Not Included Paper Report)
The entire process of a basic eye examination takes about 1.5 to 2 hours and comprehensive eye examination takes about 2 to 2.5 hours. During the eye examination, we will use eye drops that dilate your pupil to allow our ophthalmologist to fully examine the condition of your eyes. Because of this, visual acuity will be slightly blurred after the examination, but in most cases, this will return to normal after 3 hours. It is best to wear sunglasses under the sun for at least 3 hours after your appointment to avoid glare irradiation.
Regardless of your results, we recommend both children and adults in Hong Kong undergo regular eye examinations to understand and monitor the condition of their eyes. Enquire with our Hong Kong clinics via phone or WhatsApp on 6888 8811 today.
Clarity Eye & Surgery Centre (Mongkok & Central) can provide the public with the above comprehensive eye health examinations. For the price and details of our eye examinations, please book a seminar or contact us for more information.