PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
Clarity Medical Group (the “Group”) and members of the Group, including its parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures and related companies, are committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of personal data we collect and hold by complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (PDPO).
Your personal data is classified as confidential and can only be collected and used by the Group, where permitted by this Statement, the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance or otherwise legally compelled to do so. This Statement will govern the collection of your personal data pursuant to the patient registration, the subsequent communication between you and the Group and provision of medical and healthcare services to you.
1.2 The personal information we collect and/or hold from time to time may include your personal identification information, contact information, transaction records, financial background, medical and health records, biometric data and your location and activities when you access or browse our website(s).
1.3 We will always try to collect your personal information from you through the course of your relationship with us and in a range of ways. However, there may be instances where we will need to collect your personal information from third parties or sources in certain circumstances, such as a family member or someone else acting on your behalf, medical personnel, business partners, or public databases.
1.4 If you are under the age of 18, you should obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you provide the Group with your personal information.
1.5 Storage of personal information may be in various forms including, physical (paper) form, digital customer systems or applications, electronic medical record systems, data management software or systems in the usual course of business practices, clinical images taken for diagnostic or treatment purposes.
1.6 In order to provide you with suitable medical services, treatments and facilities and to conduct relevant research and service quality control, you agree to provide the Group with your personal data (including health information, past medical history, drug history etc.), authorize any appropriate third party to provide the Group with your medical history and any other relevant information, and to compile personal data about you from time to time. Your provision of personal data to the Group is voluntary. However, if you are unable to supply the required personal data, the Group may not be able to provide the relevant medical services, treatments or facilities to you.
1.7 If the information you are going to provide involves your relatives or friends, you should inform them before providing such personal data to the Group and provide a duly signed Authorisation Letter to the Group. You should also inform them of the relevant use of their personal data by the Group.
1.8 If the personal data provided is not accurate or complete, the Group reserves the right not to provide medical services, treatment or facilities to you. The Group will not be liable for any delay in communication or providing medical services, treatments or facilities as a result of such inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
2. USE OF PERSONAL DATAYour personal data may be used mainly for the following purposes or any purposes directly relating to any of them:
(1) purposes relating to your healthcare and/or generally for medical care or treatment purposes, including provision of the services to you by us;
(2) teaching, education, research and/or statistical purposes;
(3) operation and maintenance of our information systems and our mobile applications for patients and doctors;
(4) provision of our Group’s promotional and direct marketing materials to you pursuant to paragraph 4 below;
(5) evaluation, planning and improvement of services which we provide;
(6) communication with you in relation to us;
(7) our accreditation, audit, service quality control and administrative purposes;
(8) investigation and processing of complaints or disputes;
(9) prevention or detection of crime;
(10) compliance with or disclosure as permitted or required by any law, rule, regulation, code or guideline (collectively, Law); and
(11) any other purposes as may be agreed between you and us, including purposes set out in any written communication or terms and conditions for the supply of specific services/facilities to you by us.
When we collect personal data from you, we will provide you with a personal information collection statement (PICS) in an appropriate format and manner (such as the Personal Information Collection Statement to Patients) to identify to you the purposes for which your personal data are collected and the types of third parties to whom we may disclose your personal data.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATAPersonal data provided by you will be used by the Group, and may also be disclosed or transferred to the following types of persons for the purposes set out in this Statement:
- doctors, therapists and healthcare service providers who are not the Group’s staff or personnel; - relevant government departments, administrative authorities or medical institutions; any agents, contractors or third-party service providers who provide administrative, computer, technology, information or other services to the Group in connection with its business, services, facilities and activities; and - any persons or entity to whom the Group are obligated to disclose under law or regulatory requirements or rules.
4. DIRECT MARKETING4.1 By virtue of PDPO, we will not use your personal data for direct marketing purposes without your prior consent.
4.2 If you do not wish us to use your personal data in direct marketing, you may indicate your objection by checking the box when providing your personal data.
4.3 With your consent which is not subsequently opted out, we may use your personal data for sending you promotional and direct marketing materials in relation to healthcare services provided by us through various communication channels (such as SMS and electronic mail).
4.4 If you wish us cease to use your personal data in direct marketing, you may send your request at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org or through such other channels as we may announce from time to time.
5. ACCESS TO OR CORRECTION OF DATA
Except where there is an exemption provided under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data that is held by the Group. If you need to have access to or correct the personal data, you should submit a written request to email@example.com or 20/F, Ginza Plaza, 2A Sai Yeung Choi Street South, Mong Kok, Kowloon.
The Group has the right to charge a reasonable handling fee for request to access or correct your personal data.
6. RETENTION OF DATAThe Group will retain the personal data provided by you for a reasonable period of time to implement the purposes for which such personal data is collected or to comply with the applicable laws, regulations and regulatory requirements or rules of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China .
7. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTIONThis Statement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China .
Note: In case of any discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.